Females having domicile of Punjab are eligible for admission.
2. The candidates must have passed MA/M.Sc. or BS 4-years (minimum 130 credit hours) or equivalent degree in the relevant field from HEC recognized institution with at least 50% marks (Under Annual System) or 2.50 CGPA (Under Semester System) for admission to MS/M.Phil Programmes. However, student obtaining 45% marks in M.A under annual system are eligible to get admission in M.Phil English Literature.
3. Minimum Academic Requirement:
A candidate seeking admission to the degree must have sixteen years of education or 4 years education after F.A./F.Sc./A-Level or equivalent (at least 130 credit hours) with at least second division/CGPA 2.50 in the degree on the basis of which admission is requested and qualified (50% marks) a GRE (subject) as adopted by the Advanced Studies of GCWUF.
4. Age Limit:
A candidate for admission has no age limit as long as there is no physical or mental handicap.
5. NOC is required from degree holders from other universities for the registration in GCWomenUniversity Faisalabad.
6. Time of Admission:
Admission shall be conducted once a year in the fall semester and only once in calendar year. If a candidatefails to complete enrollment, her admission shall stand cancelled. However, nominees of HEC, GCWUF, foreigncountries and other government organizations, may be admitted up to the end of each semester with the conditionthat they will have to cover up the courses by taking seminars, special problem and research project.
7. Authority of Admission
a) The admission to a degree programme shall be made by the Board of Advanced Studies and Researchon the basisof merit list prepared by the Directorate of Advanced Studies.
b) Lists of selected candidates would be displayed by the Director Advanced Studies and if needed subsequentlists would be displayed till the last seat is filled up. (Explanation: The last list would be displayed keeping in view that 75% attendance in lectures would not suffer).
c) The Advanced Studies and Research Board may refuse admission to a candidate without assigning anyreason.
8. The Candidate must have secured minimum 50% score in subject GRE. For this purpose, the following committee has been constituted to conduct the test:
Director Advanced Studies Convener
Coordinator of the Respective Faculty Member
(Prof. Dr. NighatBhatty/Prof. Ms. RashidaZafar/ MrsShabanaFakhar)
Chairperson / Incharge of Respective Department Member
The respective Dean/Acting Dean/ Coordinator shall ensure the Secrecy/ Transparency of the test.
9. Admission Procedure:
Admission to the M.Phil. programmes will be made through Directorate of Advanced Studies as under:
Applications will be submitted to the Director of Advanced Studies, the office of DAS will calculate the merit of eligible candidates.
The merit lists will be displayed by Directorate of Advanced Studies.
Admission will be granted strictly on merit basis and in accordance with the guidelines provided by HEC.
Candidates working in Govt. semi Govt or Private institutions shall have to submit “No Objection Certificate” from the parent organization.
10. Merit computation for M.PhilProgrammes:
Following merit computation formula (percentages) will be adopted
Merit will be calculated on the basis of the percentage of the marks of terminal degree converted into 800.
Interview will be taken by the committee headed by the respective Dean/Coordinator. Other members are proposed as below:
(i) Director Advanced Studies or her nominee.
(ii) Chairperson of the respective department.
(iii) Senior most faculty member from the respective department
c. Research Publications:
Following additional marks will be awarded to the candidates for Publication of research paper (s)/ publication (s) in HEC recognized journal (s) as under:
(i) One research paper/publication = 3 marks
(ii) Two or more research papers/publications = 5 marks
11. If the student got admission by any mistake (human error/ Computer etc.) and does not fulfill the criteria of admission mentioned in the prospectus, her admission shall stand cancelled automatically and there will be no liability on the part of the institution.
12. Each student has to submit a “Declaration” on judicial paper of Rs:-50/- at the time of enrolment in the office of Director Advanced Studies (Specimen is annexed).
|Arabic/ Botany/ Chemistry/ Islamic Studies/ Mathematics/ Urdu/ Zoology||BS (4 years)/ M.A/ M.Sc (2 years) in the relevant subject with at least 2nd Division and at least 50 % marks in subject GRE conducted by DAS|
|Food Science & Technology||BS/B.Sc.(Hons.) Food Sciences and Technology or equivalent, BS/B.Sc. (Hons.) Food Science and Nutrition or equivalent, BS/B.Sc. (Hons.) Agriculture with Food Technology as a major or equivalent, Graduation in Medical Sciences (MBBS, BHMS, MEMS or equivalent, Graduation in Biological Sciences(Biochemistry, Biotechnology, or equivalent) with at least 50% marks (under Annual system) or 2.50/4.00 CGPA ( under Semester System) conducted by DAS and 50% in subject GRE.|
|Home Economics||Food & Nutrition
M.Sc. Food and Nutrition/Community Health and Nutrition/ Human Nutrition or Equivalent, BS. / B.Sc. (Hons) Home Economics (Major; Food and Nutrition) or Equivalent, BS. / B.Sc. (Hons) Food and Nutrition/ Human Nutrition or Equivalent, BS. / B.Sc. (Hons) Human Nutrition & Dietetics or Equivalent, BS. / B.Sc. (Hons) Agriculture (Major; Food Technology) or Equivalent, BS. / B.Sc. (Hons) Food Science and Technology or Equivalent, Graduation in Medical Sciences (MBBS,BHMS,BEMS or Equivalent), Graduation in Biological Sciences (Biochemistry, Biotechnology or Equivalent)
The candidate must have secured minimum 50% or more in Subject GRE conducted by DAS