a) Applications will be submitted to the office of the Director Advanced Studies and the said office will calculate the merit of eligible candidates.
b) Lists of selected candidates shall be displayed by the office of the Director Advanced Studies (DAS) and if needed subsequent lists shall be displayed till the last seat is filled up.
(Explanation: The last list would be displayed keeping in view that 75 percent attendance in lectures would not suffer).
c) The competent authority may refuse admission to a candidate without assigning any reason.
7. Admission will be granted strictly on merit i.e. on the marks obtained in FA/F.Sc./I.Com/ICS or equivalent examinations in 2015 and 2016 for morning programmes only. However, candidates of the earlier sessions will be considered by deducing 10 marks for each year for evening programmes only.
8. Admission will be granted provisionally subject to verification of the certificates of the candidates from the relevant Secondary Board. Equivalence certificate is required from IBCC Islamabad/Lahore (where applicable).
9. For all the programmes 20 marks for Hafiz e Quran will be granted to those candidates who will be declared successful after evaluation by the requisite committee constituted for this purpose.
Hafiz-e-Quran candidate shall be evaluated by the following Committee:
i. Ms.Shabana Fakhar Convener
Coordinator, Faculty of Islamic and oriental learning
Chairperson, Department of Islamic Studies
ii. Dr. Najma Bano Member
Chairperson, Department of Arabic
iii. Ms. Naheed Khaliq Member
Assistant Professor, Department of Islamic Studies
10. Students who want to change the subjects will be allowed if one falls under merit of that programme with the permission of Competent Authority.
11. If a student gets admission by mistake (human error/computer etc.) and does not full fill the criteria of admission mentioned in the prospectus, her admission shall stand cancel automatically and there will be no liability on the part of the institution.
12. Each student will submit a “Declaration” on a judicial paper of Rs:-50/- at the time of enrolment in the office of Director Advanced Studies (specimen is annexed).
13. Besides the open merit, the candidates may apply against the reserved seats for different programmes as explained under:
A. For Morning Programmes:
Besides the open merit the candidates may apply against the reserved seats i.e. 2% seats for sports, 3% seats for disables, 2% seats for children of University employees (1% for teaching and 1% for non-teaching), 2% seats for FATA, 2% for FANA and 1% for Balochistan, 2% seats for co-curricular activities and 5% seats for overseas Pakistanis. However, there will be no sports and co-curricular quota for BS (Public Administration), BBA and BS (Commerce).
B. For Evening Programmes:
Besides the open merit, the candidates may apply against the reserved seats i.e 2% seats for Children of university employees (1% for teaching and 1% for non-teaching).
a. Only such candidates will be admitted on sports quota who has qualified the test/ interview.
b. Admission on the reserved/quota seats will be completed by the specified committee (s) in accordance with the admission rules for reserved seats.
14. Change of Department:
14.1 Form Transfer: After display of the merit lists subject to the availability of seats, the transfer of forms from one department to another department in the morning programme may be allowed through admission committee subject to deposit of amount as per processing fees/Prospectus fee decided, in University account as transfer fee if all eligible applicants are exhausted and the seats are vacant in the desired department.
14.2 Subject Change: If a student even after submission of the fees in a respective department wishes to change the subject, she can apply to the Director Advanced Studies on the prescribed Subject Change Proforma after depositing the amount as per processing fees/prospectus fees decided, in the university account if the seats in the desired department are vacant.
Furthermore, if there is a difference in fees of the two subjects, the students have to pay additional fee of the changed subject if any. However, if the fee of the changed subject is less than she has already paid then there will be no refund of the fee difference.
15. Admission to BS Fine Arts programme will be granted on the basis of Aptitude Test (50% qualifying marks) conducted under the Directorate of Advanced Studies.
16. Pre-requisites: The following pre-requisites have been approved for the respective undergraduate programmes with the condition that the candidates must have studied these subjects at secondary or higher secondary level for respective programmes:
|1||Botany/ Zoology||F.Sc (Pre medical) or equivalent* with at least 45 % marks (2nd Division)|
|2||Biochemistry/Chemistry/Food Science & Technology||F.Sc (Pre-Medical/ Pre-Engineering) or equivalent* with at least 45 % marks (2nd Division)|
|3||*Computer Science/||*ICS, F.Sc (Pre engineering), DAE|
|4||**Information Technology||** ICS, F.Sc (Pre Medical/Pre engineering), FA (Mathematics or Computer Science is mandatory), ICom|
|5||Geography/ Home Economics/ Statistics||F.A/F.Sc (Pre-Medical/ Pre-Engineering) or equivalent* with at least 45 % marks (2nd Division)|
|6||Mathematics / Physics||F.Sc (Pre-Engineering)/ ICS with Physics/ A-Level/F.Sc (Pre-Medical)/ with Math as additional paper or equivalent* with at least 45 % marks (2nd Division)|
|7||Applied Psychology/ Arabic/ Business Administration/ ****BBA Entrepreneurship/ Commerce/ Economics/ Education/ English/ Fashion Designing/ *Fine Arts/ Human Nutrition & Dietetics/ International Relations/ **Islamic Studies/ ***Physical Education/ Political Science/ Public Administration/ Sociology/Urdu||F.A/F.Sc/I.Com/I.CS/A-Level or equivalent* with at least 45 % marks (2nd Division)
* Candidates must qualify an Aptitude Test securing 50% marks
** Islamic Studies should be Elective subject in F.A
*** Physical Education should be compulsory subject in F.A
**** At least 6 months of professional experience is required
|8||ADE (Associate Degree Programme)||F.A/F.Sc/I.Com/I.CS/A-Level or equivalent* with at least 45 % marks (2nd Division)|
* Equivalence will be calculated by the equivalence committee