Speakers may keep the following points in consideration for an effective presentation.
Font Style and Size
- Use easy to read fonts with a font size not smaller than 24 point.
- Use different colors, sizes and styles (bold, underline) for impact.
- For bullet points, use the 6 x 6 Rule (give six lines per slide with 6 words in each line)
- Keep the sentences simple and short for clarity and readability.
- Use dark text on light background or light text on dark background.
- Ensure that the colors used do not make the slide too extravagant making the text illegible.
- Check the colors on a projection screen before the actual presentation, as they may appear different than what they appear on the monitor.
- Check the spelling and grammar.
- Keep the main points in bulleted form in order to elaborate them conveniently at the time of giving the presentation
- Keep the background consistent and subtle.
- Use text sufficient only to explain the graphics. Please use clear labels in the charts and graphs.
- Keep the graphics consistent throughout the presentation.
- Check all graphics on a projection screen before the actual presentation.