Statistical procedures now form an important part of all fields of science, and procedures which have been developed for use in one field have almost invariably found important applications in a number of other fields. Statistical techniques being powerful tools for analyzing numerical data are used in almost every branch of learning. In biological and physical sciences, Genetics, Agronomy, Physics, Geology etc. statistical techniques have been developed and are increasingly used. The students of the department are offered core courses, a variety of specialized courses and are made proficient in use of statistical data analysis through Statistical Packages such as MINITAB, SPSS, MSTATC and EViews etc. Free Statistical consultancy services are available to researchers of other disciplines in the University through qualified experienced statisticians.
• To expand BS program to MS/M.Phil and Ph.D. program in the near future.
• To publish a research journal of the department.
• We are dedicated to help students understand, apply and appreciate statistics.
• We are committed to conduct and publish outstanding research.
• We are committed to improve educational environment in the department.