Females having domicile of Punjab and having at least 45% marks in intermediate (excluding 20 marks of Hifz-e-Quran) eligible for admission.
The candidate with domicile other than the Punjab province has to produce a nomination letter from her respective provincial government against reserved seats if any. Foreign students and overseas Pakistani students can also apply through the relevant Federal Ministry/Embassy.
3. Age Limit:
The maximum age limit for eligibility is 22 years on the closing date of the application. However, the age may be relaxed up to two years by the competent authority.
4. Time of Admission:
Admissions shall be conducted in the Fall semester and only once in a calendar year. If a candidate fails to complete enrollment, her admission shall be cancelled. In special situation the Vice Chancellor may allow admission to any programme in spring semester.
5. Admission procedure:
The merit will be calculated considering aggregate marks in FA/F.Sc/I.Com/ICS or equivalent examination (Equivalence will be calculated by the
6. Authority of Admission:
The admission to Bachelor degree programmes shall be made by Director Advanced Studies.
a. Applications will be submitted to the office of the Director Advanced Studies and the said office will calculate the merit of eligible candidates.
b. Lists of selected candidates shall be displayed by the office of the Director Advanced Studies (DAS) and if needed subsequent lists shall be displayed till the last seat is filled up.
(Explanation: The last list would be displayed keeping in view that 75 percent attendance in lectures would not suffer).
c. The competent authority may refuse admission to a candidate without assigning any reason.
7. Admission will be granted strictly on merit i.e. on the marks obtained in FA/F.Sc./I.Com/ICS or equivalent examinations in 2015 and 2016 for morning programmes only. However, candidates of the earlier sessions will be considered by deducing 10 marks for each year for evening programmes only.
8. Admission will be granted provisionally subject to verification of the certificates of the candidates from the relevant Secondary Board. Equivalence certificate is required from IBCC Islamabad/Lahore (where applicable).
9. For all the programmes 20 marks for Hafiz e Quran will be granted to those candidates who will be declared successful after evaluation by the requisite
committee constituted for this purpose.
Hafiz-e-Quran candidate shall be evaluated by the following Committee:
i. Ms. Shabana Fakhar Convener
Coordinator, Faculty of Islamic and oriental learning Chairperson, Department of Islamic Studies
ii. Dr. Najma Bano Member
Chairperson, Department of Arabic
iii. Ms. Naheed Khaliq Member
Assistant Professor, Department of Islamic Studies
10. Students who want to change the subjects will be allowed if one falls under merit of that programme with the permission of Competent Authority.
11. If a student gets admission by mistake (human error/computer etc.) and does not full fill the criteria of admission mentioned in the prospectus, her admission shall stand cancel automatically and there will be no liability on the part of the institution.
12. Each student will submit a “Declaration” on a judicial paper of Rs:-50/- at the time of enrolment in the office of Director Advanced Studies (specimen is
13. Besides the open merit, the candidates may apply against the reserved seats for different programmes as explained under:
A. For Morning Programmes:
Besides the open merit the candidates may apply against the reserved seats i.e. 2% seats for sports, 3% seats for disables, 2% seats for children of University employees (1% for teaching and 1% for non-teaching), 5% seats for FATA/FANA and Balochistan, 2% seats for co-curricular activities and 5% seats for overseas Pakistanis. However, there will be no sports and co-curricular quota for BS (Public Administration), BBA and BS (Commerce).
B. For Evening Programmes:
Besides the open merit, the candidates may apply against the reserved seats i.e 2% seats for Children of university employees (1% for teaching and 1% fornon-teaching).
a. Only such candidates will be admitted on sports quota who have qualified the test/ interview.
b. Admission on the reserved/quota seats will be completed by the specified committee (s) in accordance with the admission rules for reserved seats.
14. Change of Department:
Form Transfer: After display of the merit lists subject to the availability of seats, the transfer of forms from one department to another department in the morning programme may be allowed through admission committee subject to deposit of Rs. 1000/- in University account as transfer fee if all eligible applicants are exhausted and the seats are vacant in the desired department.
Subject Change: If a student even after submission of the fees in a respective department wants to change the subject she can apply to the Director Advanced Studies on the prescribed Subject Change Proforma after depositing RS: 1000/- in the university account as transfer fees if the seats in the desired department are vacant.
15. Admission to BS Fine Arts programme will be granted on the basis of Aptitude Test (50% qualifying marks) conducted under the Directorate of Advanced Studies.
16. Pre-requisites: The following pre-requisites have been approved for the respective undergraduate programmes with the condition that the candidates must have studied these subjects at secondary or higher secondary level for respective programmes:
|Sr #||Department||Eligibility Criteria|
|1||Botany/ Zoology||F.Sc (Pre medical) or equivalent* with at least
45 % marks (2nd
|2||Biochemistry/Chemistry/ Food Science & Technology||F.Sc (Pre-Medical/ Pre-Engineering) or equivalent* with at least 45 % marks (2nd Division)|
|3||Computer Science/ Information Technology||F.Sc (Pre-Medical/
Pre- Engineering) or equivalent with at least 45 % marks (2nd Division)
|4||Geography/ Home Economics/ Statistics||F.A/F.Sc (Pre-Medical/
Pre-Engineering) or equivalent* with at least 45
% marks (2nd
|5||Mathematics / Physics||F.Sc (Pre-Engineering)/ ICS with Physics/ A-Level/F.Sc (Pre–Medical)/ with Math as additional paper or equivalent* with at least 45 % marks (2nd Division)|
|6||Applied Psychology/ Arabic/ Business Administration/ Commerce/ Economics/ Education/ English/ *Fine Arts/ **Islamic Studies/ ““”Physical Education/ Political Science/
Public Administration/ Sociology/Urdu
|F.A/F.Sc/I.Com/I.CS/A-Level or equivalent* with at least 45 % marks (2nd Division)
* Candidates must qualify an Aptitude Test securing 50% marks ** Islamic Studies should be Elective subject in F.A
*** Physical Education should be compulsory subject in F.A
|7||ADE (Associate Degree Programme)||F.A/F.Sc/I.Com/I.CS/A-Level or equivalent* with at least 45 % marks (2nd Division)|
*Equivalence will be calculated by the equivalence committee
|5.||Business Administration (BBA)||50||50|
|13.||Food Science & Technology||60||60|
|22.||Public Administration (BPA)||50||50|
|Total No. of Students in Associate Degree Programme|
*The seats will be linked with the strength of the requisite faculty concerned. However on the recommendations of the Admission Committee the Competent Authority will decide to enhance the seats where necessary.